As a lot of my friends know – I love baking and eating and anything food related. So, I have a recipe that is my current favourite that I would like to bestow upon you lovely readers!
- 200g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 280g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 400g plain flour (sifted)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- Preheat the oven to 170*C/325*F/Gas 3.
- Cream butter (cubed) and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well (make sure to mix all ingredients!)
- Add the flour, salt and cream of tartar and mix well. (But don’t over mix – the dough should be light, soft and easy to handle.)
- *if you want you can add chocolate chips into the mix at this stage, if you like*
- Roll out onto a floured work surface and cut out shapes or just roll little balls the size of walnuts.
- Put the cookies onto a baking tray, evenly spread out.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes – the cookies should be a light golden and still a bit squishy in the middle.
- Let them cool for a while.